Associate Director of Fulfillment
Purple Carrot is searching for an Associate Director of Fulfillment who will be responsible for overseeing our three third-party partner fulfillment centers and managing the daily operations and execution of receiving, inventory, packing, and shipping. This position will take our fulfillment operation to the next level by using a process and data driven approach to implement new tools and practices that will improve efficiency and customer experience while driving down cost. Our unique partnerships require strong communication, problem-solving, and people skills. In addition to the external teams, this position will also work closely with internal Culinary, Procurement, and Food Safety teams to ensure the quality of all ingredients inside the box.
As a 4 year old company, Purple Carrot is in an exciting stage of growth and we want someone who thrives on problem-solving and ownership. You will be given the authority and responsibility to make changes and drive improvements. In this role you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our business and will see your ideas and changes implemented. This role reports to our Head of Operations.
- Responsible for the entire production process from when ingredients and packaging arrive to when completed boxes are shipped to customers
- Own the development and implementation of inventory management systems
- Lead the optimization of production and fulfillment processes, aiming to improve efficiency, quality, and reduce error rates
- Drive strategic planning for fulfillment on future product offerings
- Diagnose operational issues based on customer feedback and drive continuous improvement to process and customer experience
- Nurture relationships with fulfillment partners, providing open and consistent communication to ensure a healthy partnership
- Oversee team of 7+ employees, of which majority are remote at fulfillment centers are responsible for fulfillment, shipping, and packaging.
- Manage team responsible for shipping and packaging. Provide guidance and support to negotiate pricing and drive down costs, handle logistics, inventory and re-order points, and drive down overall costs
- Own the unit cost of shipping, packaging, and fulfillment. Responsible for negotiating pricing, hitting budgets, and ensuring quality product
- 7 - 9 years of management experience in production, preferably food, e-commerce, assembly, and/or pick & pack operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills and experience making data-driven decisions, specifically with production metrics and KPIs
- Experience managing a team, preferably with remote employees
- Experienced and knowledgeable about physical supply chain operations and processes
- Calm under pressure, enjoys problems solving and able to make quick decisions
- Exceptional people and project management, and communication skills
- Not afraid to be on the floor, jump on the line, and help out
- Travel: 30%. This role will require minimum quarterly visits to each location plus more as needed to support on-site team, new initiatives, and meet partners
- Able to commute to Needham office
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a meal kit subscription service on a mission to help customers eat more plants. We are looking for hardworking individuals who take pride in having fun and have a passion for startup culture. From spin and gin nights, to our annual day of service in the surrounding community, we work to live and yet live to work because we're doing what we love. We’re crafting delicious, 100% plant-based recipes and shipping them to homes across the country, making it easier than ever to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods on a regular basis. Since its launch in October 2014, Purple Carrot has grown significantly with increasing revenues, new subscribers, and national reach. In the spring of 2017 Purple Carrot launched TB12 Performance Meals, which offer gluten-free, high-protein, and limited soy recipes developed in partnership with NFL quarterback Tom Brady and TB12Sports.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), a matching 401k plan, free weekly Purple Carrot or TB12 boxes, a positive environment, and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.