Warehouse Office Administration Associate
As the Office Operations Associate, you will be a key member of the on-site Operations team and responsible for helping to ensure every box and ingredient is received, packed, and shipped correctly with the highest quality ingredients each week. Working directly with receiving, on-site partners, and HQ team, you will manage the flow of paperwork and communication relating to recipes, deliveries, purchase orders, ship templates, and more. With over 100 different SKUs of ingredients and packaging coming in each week, we need someone who is detail oriented - able to keep themselves and others organized and be a calm and steady presence. As one of the main points of communication between HQ and the on-site team, you will touch parts of Accounting, Culinary, Fulfillment, and Procurement. Additionally, you will learn and provide support on warehouse duties such as inventory, yield loss, and production. Purple Carrot HQ is in Needham, MA and this position is located on-site at our Parsippany, NJ fulfillment partner.
- Manage the daily/weekly Google sheets and tools for your site, which are used to communicate menus, ingredients, packaging, labels and production numbers. You are responsible for updating, communicating changes and ensure that the partners and on-site team have the correct and most up to date information.
- Responsible for QuickBooks receiving and PO management– preparing and managing paperwork from receivers, closing out PO’s, communicating shortages or issues back to buyers, work with Accounting on outstanding items.
- Print and organize ship templates weekly, communicate any problems or shipping delays or to internal team and on-site partner.
- Communicate general fulfillment issues back to HQ team, relating to organization, delivery, or ingredient problems.
- Provide support to receiving team, including product recovery, receiving, and warehouse organization.
- Build relationships with on-site facility and line managers. Act as first-line of service and help to problem solve.
- Communicate daily with Sourcing, Buying, Fulfillment, and Accounting teams in Needham office.
- 3 - 6 years warehouse management experience, preferably with food products/ingredients and/or experienced in accounting/inventory systems, shipping and receiving.
- Experienced with Quickbooks or other accounting software in previous roles.
- Very comfortable with excel and/or google sheets, able to quickly pick-up new computer systems, processes and learn databases.
- May requires flexible shift work, including weekends.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- Some travel may be required during training.
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with in-person and remote teams.
- Stickler for quality and detail - able to hold teams accountable, train associates on the line, and implement new processes.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, must be able to quickly react, communicate, and adjust accordingly.
- Able to ‘manage without authority’ and navigate warehouse dynamics and relationships.
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a meal kit subscription service on a mission to help customers eat more plants. We are looking for hardworking individuals who take pride in having fun and have a passion for startup culture. From spin and gin nights, to our biannual day of service in the surrounding community, we work to live and yet live to work because we're doing what we love. We’re crafting delicious, 100% plant-based recipes and shipping them to homes across the country, making it easier than ever to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods on a regular basis. Since its launch in October 2014, Purple Carrot has grown significantly with increasing revenues, new subscribers, and national reach. In the spring of 2017 Purple Carrot launched TB12 Performance Meals, which offer gluten-free, high-protein, and limited soy recipes developed in partnership with NFL quarterback Tom Brady and TB12Sports.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), a matching 401k plan, an unlimited vacation policy, free Purple Carrot or TB12 weekly boxes, a positive environment, work-life balance and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food.
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.