As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing production, inventory, and shipping at one facility. You will monitor the quality of all ingredients and efficiency of packing to ensure a positive and consistent customer experience every week. It will be your responsibility to implement procedures and processes that increase efficiency, lower costs, and reduce waste.
- Oversee quality control and process on-site at fulfillment center
- Implement standard operating procedures to ensure quality and consistency in every box
- Facilitate new and continual education trainings for partners
- Build efficiencies for packing and implement new methods to improve pack rates and quality
- Set and manage daily, weekly, and monthly goals for packing rates and quality
- Manage ingredient and packaging receiving & inventory
- Create quality controls and check-points for inbound ingredients and outbound finished boxes
- Diagnose operational issues based on customer’s feedback and make decisions to improve the customer experience
- Build relationships with facility and line managers and manage external teams remotely
- 5+ years’ operations experience, perishable/food manufacturing experience preferred
- Fulfillment, production line/pick & pack experience OR strong manufacturing project management experience
- Experience managing and driving change with 3rd party relationships
- Process and detail-oriented: able to design and implement production line processes
- Quality focused – both for process and ingredient quality
- Able to use data to improve efficiencies and design processes, experienced with ERP systems
- Some travel during training
- Job requires nights and weekends work as needed during packing days, long periods of exposure to freezing temperatures (coolers), must be able to lift 25 lbs with or without out reasonable accommodation and be comfortable standing for long periods of time
- OSHA and/or ServSafe certified a plus
- Company HQ is in Needham, MA but this position is located on-site with fulfillment partner
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a mission-driven startup with an ambitious goal: to put delicious, plant-based meals in homes across the country, and make eating (and living!) healthier a little bit easier for all of us. We create 100% plant-based meal kits, with brand new recipes shipping out every week to a group of customers as diverse as our ingredients. We want to help people live life to its fullest, and believe that comes down to more than just convenience — cooking should be educating, intriguing, delicious, sustainable, and so much more.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), stock options in a fast-growing start up, an unlimited vacation policy, and a positive environment, working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.