Social Media Manager
Purple Carrot is looking for a Social Media Manager to grow our followers, engage and retain them, foster community, and help convert new followers into leads, customers, and active promoters of Purple Carrot’s product. He/she will be on the forefront of social media developments, command best practices across the organization, and keep a finger on the pulse of trends in social media marketing. This person will be equal parts creative and measurement focused and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. This role will work closely with the creative teams ensuring consistency in voice and tone and cultivating a loyal social media following.
- Build and manage Purple Carrot’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Vine, Linkedin, etc.).
- Manage social media content calendars.
- Generate, edit, and share social media content that builds meaningful connections, adds value to the lives of our followers, and encourages fans to take action.
- Monitor comments across all social media platforms and respond in a timely manner.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry. Report back to marketing team and suggest a move-forward strategy based on findings.
- Work alongside content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Understand how to optimize spend and reach per platform; including how to build appropriate target audiences and how to hone in on proper spend to achieve growth goals
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target customers.
- Track and report social media KPI’s on a weekly basis
- 4-6 years of social media and/or community experience
- Experience with various social media monitoring tools; Sprout Social, Radian 6, Hootsuite, individual insights tools across channels, etc.
- A firm understanding of mobile optimization
- Keen understanding of what contributes to a successful social campaign.
- Track record of growing company’s social media presence
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Exceptional writing skills and eager to take on any customer’s challenge with utmost positivity.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
Purple Carrot is a mission-driven startup with an ambitious goal: to put delicious, plant-based meals in homes across the country, and make eating (and living!) healthier a little bit easier for all of us. We create 100% plant-based meal kits, with brand new recipes shipping out every week to a group of customers as diverse as our ingredients. We want to help people live life to its fullest, and believe that comes down to more than just convenience — cooking should be educating, intriguing, delicious, sustainable, and so much more.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), stock options in a fast-growing start up, an unlimited vacation policy, free Purple Carrot or TB12 weekly boxes, a positive environment, and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.