We’re looking for an all-star entry-level analyst to join our operations team. Each week, our team builds an 80+ ingredient supply chain to support the production of our meal kits across a multi-city production operation. The operations analyst associate will be at the intersection of that supply chain and will be responsible for helping sourcing, procurement, fulfillment, and culinary make more informed, data driven decisions. This role will be responsible for the databases and tools that are used every day to cost ingredients and build recipes. You will be doing detailed analysis on COGS and making recommendations to improve margin. This position will gain exposure across multiple teams and to the CFO/President and will have the opportunity to learn about many different aspects of the company. You need to be focused, driven, and excited about working at a start-up where your analytical skills will be a major asset. The role reports to our Head of Operations and is located in our Needham office.
- Maintain workbooks, databases, and tools that are used daily by operations, culinary, accounting, and finance teams. You will ‘own’ these and be responsible for updating the ingredient cost database, maintaining ingredient data integrity, reviewing weekly spend, monitoring compliance on standards and guidelines, and training employees on usage.
- Analyze weekly ingredient spend and report on Expected costs vs. Actual costs, by conducting deep dives on individual drivers and identifying root causes.
- Manage creation and distribution of weekly ship templates to maximize customer experience and shipping cost savings.
- Analyze and report on shipping costs by provider, location, and delivery type.
- Collect, analyze, and regularly report on customer recipe feedback, including ranking and tracking of meals.
- Learn the details of our weekly financial reporting model and be responsible for analysis and report-outs on COGS, making specific, actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Dig into ingredients and determine how operations and culinary can make more informed and cost-efficient decisions based on seasonality, usage, error rates, and other key factors.
- Generally support and work cross-functionally with operations, culinary, strategy, and accounting on technical needs and analysis. Eventually be able to recommend opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- 0 - 2 years of data and/or financial analysis experience
- Very strong Excel and/or Google sheets competency with solid analytical, organizational, and data management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Written, verbal, and social communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and in a team environment
- Thrive in fast paced, rapidly growing environment and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Creative thinker that is flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, proactive, and hard-working.
- Excited about working with plant-based food and learning about new ingredients
- Ability to report to Needham, Massachusetts headquarters
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a meal kit subscription service on a mission to help customers eat more plants. We are looking for hardworking individuals who take pride in having fun and have a passion for startup culture. From spin and gin nights, to our biannual day of service in the surrounding community, we work to live and yet live to work because we're doing what we love. We’re crafting delicious, 100% plant-based recipes and shipping them to homes across the country, making it easier than ever to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods on a regular basis. Since its launch in October 2014, Purple Carrot has grown significantly with increasing revenues, new subscribers, and national reach. In the spring of 2017 Purple Carrot launched TB12 Performance Meals, which offer gluten-free, high-protein, and limited soy recipes developed in partnership with NFL quarterback Tom Brady and TB12Sports.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), a matching 401k plan, an unlimited vacation policy, free Purple Carrot or TB12 weekly boxes, a positive environment, work-life balance and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.