We’re looking for an all-star senior designer to join our Creative team. The ideal candidate has a passion for design with outside the box ideas that will bring our brand to life. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the Purple Carrot brand voice and vision by executing projects from concept to execution across a variety of mediums.
This position requires the need for equal parts strategic thinking and active creation. In this role, you'll collaborate with other members of the creative team, and push creative work forward.
- Frame and drive a distinctive creative vision for Purple Carrot
- Execute projects from concept to production across a variety of touchpoints
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team working both independently and with others to deliver impactful visual designs and consistent brand experience across a variety of mediums (digital, print, and mobile)
- Contribute to the creative teams’ knowledge and growth in design and technical expertise and continuously look for ways to evolve the Purple Carrot brand.
- Collaborate with Content/Marketing Team in order to create consistent, brand-appropriate communications that deliver the highest impact to Purple Carrot audiences
- Support multiple departments, creating visual designs for new customer experiences through retention and acquisition strategies.
- Lead brainstorming and creation/art direction of concepts for best-in-class executions in the areas of digital advertising, marketing, and product
- 8+ years of visual design experience with B2C brands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Graphic Design.
- Experience with managing a growing team of designers and photographers.
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe creative cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Expert in articulating design choices to non-designers.
- Experience designing packaging, trade show, retail and environmental displays a plus.
- Experience working with digital designers, photographers and videographers.
- Strong understanding of brand design principles, graphic systems, typography, and visual composition.
- Strong experience designing across a variety of mediums — web, mobile, print, packaging. Solid knowledge of print production processes. (Experience in web design a plus)
- Demonstrated capacity to work well in a team environment and individually with little direction.
Please submit a website or digital portfolio to show recent work.
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a meal kit subscription service on a mission to help customers eat more plants. We are looking for hardworking individuals who take pride in having fun and have a passion for startup culture. From spin and gin nights, to our annual day of service in the surrounding community, we work to live and yet live to work because we're doing what we love. We’re crafting delicious, 100% plant-based recipes and shipping them to homes across the country, making it easier than ever to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods on a regular basis. Since its launch in October 2014, Purple Carrot has grown significantly with increasing revenues, new subscribers, and national reach. In the spring of 2017 Purple Carrot launched TB12 Performance Meals, which offer gluten-free, high-protein, and limited soy recipes developed in partnership with NFL quarterback Tom Brady and TB12Sports.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental, and life), a matching 401k plan, free weekly Purple Carrot or TB12 boxes, a positive environment, and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!