Part Time Photography Assistant
Purple Carrot is seeking an artistic and technically skilled photography assistant. The photo assistant will primarily take charge of the post-production of all photo shoots for the web, weekly recipe booklets, and all social channels. The candidate will occasionally be responsible for supporting the Purple Carrot photographer and creative team with concepting and assisting during photoshoots. This role focuses heavily on image editing and retouching and requires a thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop and Lightroom. This is a part time (2-3 days a week) hourly ($20 an hour) position based out of our Needham, MA headquarters. Candidates who do not provide examples of their work will not be considered.
- Use basic image editing skills to retouch and enhance photos
- Batch edit in Lightroom or Photoshop to quickly achieve a consistent look and feel throughout all imagery
- Configure and operate photo equipment, choose appropriate lighting and camera settings for specific situations, and offer creative and technical advice to the photographer
- Work closely with the social media manager to complete requests and produce content for all social channels
- Maintain and organize in-house props
- 2+ years experience
- Degree in photography or similar years experience in a related role
- Thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop and Lightroom
- Basic knowledge of After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and/or Final Cut Pro
- Able to choose appropriate adjustments: correcting resolution and composition, cropping images and adjusting tone, color, saturation and brightness
- Experience successfully working alongside photographers
- Video editing skills is a plus
- Track record of hitting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Good communication, interpersonal and follow through skills
- Able to commute to Needham office
Please submit a website or digital portfolio to show recent work.
About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a meal kit subscription service on a mission to help customers eat more plants. We are looking for hardworking individuals who take pride in having fun and have a passion for startup culture. From spin and gin nights, to our annual day of service in the surrounding community, we work to live and yet live to work because we're doing what we love. We’re crafting delicious, 100% plant-based recipes and shipping them to homes across the country, making it easier than ever to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods on a regular basis. Since its launch in October 2014, Purple Carrot has grown significantly with increasing revenues, new subscribers, and national reach. In the spring of 2017 Purple Carrot launched TB12 Performance Meals, which offer gluten-free, high-protein, and limited soy recipes developed in partnership with NFL quarterback Tom Brady and TB12Sports.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.
We love our staff, and show it with free weekly Purple Carrot or TB12 boxes, a positive environment, and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, you’ll always get to taste what our test kitchen is cooking up!
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!